Cloud Release: El PasoFebruary 23, 2021
The El Paso release is the fifth regular named release for Rimo3 Cloud and includes further enhancements to the Public API as well as a number of other minor updates and fixes.
Getting ready for something new
Following the release of major updates to the Rimo3 Public API the El Paso release rounds out those changes with support for uploading applications and downloading converted MSIX packages via the API. El Paso also contains a number of minor updates and fixes while we work on something new and exciting behind the scenes. These updates include:
- Support for Operating Systems that require Generation 1 VM’s
- Improved validations when selecting Operating Systems
- Improved handling of and notifications for duplicate packages
Support for testing on the following Operating Systems has also been added:
- Windows 10 20H2 x64
Upcoming Release: Fort Lauderdale
Sitting on both the US/Mexico board as well as the Texas/New Mexico border, El Paso is closer to the state capitals Phoenix and Santa Fe on the US side and Ciudad Chihuahua and Hermosillo in Mexico than its own state capital of Austin. It is also closer to LA in California than it is to Orange, the easternmost city in Texas.
#didyouknow… Building on the previous release of Rimo3 Cloud the El Paso release adds upload and MSIX download capabilities to the recently updated Rimo3 Public API as well as a number of other minor updates and fixes while we work on something new and exciting behind the scenes, to help customers and partners realize even more of the benefits of Windows Virtual Desktop.
Cloud Release: DenverFebruary 1, 2021
The Denver release is the fourth regular named release for Rimo3 Cloud bringing enhancements to the Rimo3 Public API, support for unpackaged formats and additional Operating Systems.
Enabling Partner services and value add
The Rimo3 Public API is a RESTful Web-service designed to enable partners and customers to leverage the power of Rimo3’s automated testing capability in their own services and processes. The latest version, released as part of Denver, is v2.0 and has been updated with support for the Rimo3 cloud platform and now also includes added support for retrieving performance results. For more information about the API or to arrange a demo please get in contact.
The Denver release additionally includes the ability to manually upload applications that are not delivered in traditional package formats, e.g. silently installable EXE’s and unattended scripts (.bat/.cmd etc.)
Support for testing on the following Operating Systems has also been added:
- Windows 10 2004 x64 (Multi-session)
- Windows 10 1809 x64
- Windows server 2012 x64 (Datacenter)
- Windows server 2012 R2 x64 (Datacenter)
Upcoming Release: El Paso
#didyouknow… Nicknamed the “Mile High City” because its official elevation is exactly 1 mile Denver is also the fourth release of Rimo3 Cloud. But where does the city of Denver feature in other rankings?
Well, 2020 saw Denver record the fifth driest year since records began in 1872, it was the third hottest market for millennial homebuyers in 2020, which is probably because it is the second most gentrified city in the US according to another 2020 report, so it is not surprising that in 2016 Denver was ranked as “the no1 best place to live” in the US.
#didyouknow… And in keeping with its namesake the Denver release is, of course, “the no1 best release of Rimo3 Cloud ever.” Amongst other minor updates Denver includes v2.0 of the Rimo3 Public API, the ability to manually upload applications in non-traditional package formats and support for additional versions of Windows 10 and Windows 10 multi-session for WVD. So, whether you are taking your first steps to understanding the Suitability of your apps for Windows Virtual Desktop, or you are ready to Modernize your apps with MSIX or you are looking to Manage an existing WVD or legacy on-prem environment we have you covered.
Cloud Release: ChicagoJanuary 19, 2021
The Chicago release is the third regular named release for Rimo3 Cloud and brings a number of stability updates to the platform.
Strengthening the foundations for future growth
Previous releases of Rimo3 Cloud laid the foundations for our Suitability, Modernize and Manage features that enable customers and partners to understand, prepare for and navigate the uncharted waters of Windows Virtual Desktop, MSIX & MSIX App Attach, and the ever-changing Windows-as-a Service environment.
In the Chicago release we have put a tremendous effort into ensuring that those foundations are sound so that they can support the future growth and evolution of the platform.
Upcoming Release: Denver
#didyouknow... #Chicago is home to our very own CTO, @Samit Halvadia who shares one of his favorite facts about Chicago: In 1900, to overcome the city’s water sanitation problem, the flow of the Chicago River was permanently reversed by the construction of a new canal joining the Chicago River with the Des Plaines River. The system was extended and perfected with several other canals and would eventually be named a “Civil Engineering Monument of the Millennium”
#didyouknow… Just as the opening of the main canal in 1900 was a milestone in the history of the “Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal” so too is the Chicago release a milestone for Rimo3 Cloud as both the maiden voyage of the platform with customers onboard and the foundation for future expansion and improvement.
Cloud Release: BostonDecember 14, 2020
The Boston release is the second regular named release for Rimo3 Cloud and the first major update to the platform.
Suitability Dashboard – Windows Virtual Desktop and MSIX
The Boston release introduces the Suitability Dashboard to the Rimo3 Cloud Platform, enabling customers and partners to better understand the suitability of applications running on a multi-session version of Windows 10 in both the current package format and as an MSIX.
Boston also includes improvements to feedback on environment creation and application onboarding such as e-mail notifications, new in platform notifications and a status bar the progress and estimated remain time for these activities.
Support for testing on the following Operating Systems has also been added:
- Windows 10 1809 x64 (Multi-session)
Upcoming Release: Chicago
Some of these US firsts include the first public park, the first free municipal library as well as the first subway and police force. The first Public school was also in Boston as was the first lighthouse and the first chocolate factory. As for international firsts, the first-ever telephone call was made in Alexander Graham Bell's Boston laboratory.
#didyouknow... As the creators of the world’s first automated application testing platform Rimo3 are no strangers to firsts either. Rimo3 Cloud is the natural evolution of that platform and Boston continues the evolution with the formal introduction of the Suitability dashboard enabling customers and partners to better understand the suitability of applications running on a multi-session version of Windows 10 in both the current package format and as an MSIX.
Cloud Release: AtlantaNovember 16, 2020
The Atlanta release is the first regular named release for Rimo3 Cloud. These regular updates bring continuous improvement and new features to the Rimo3 Cloud Platform.
Minor updates and cosmetic improvements
The Atlanta release is a minor update that builds on the previous Partner Release. Amongst other cosmetic improvements and bug fixes, this release introduces new screens for Package Review, for packages that can’t automatically progress after import, and Package Details, where relevant package details can be amended and testing activities can be re-triggered for individual packages.
Atlanta also includes improvements to notifications when duplicate packages are uploaded as well as when there are imported packages that need reviewing.
Support for testing on the following Operating Systems now include:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Upcoming Release: Boston
#didyouknow… Atlanta is the capital of the US State of Georgia. Named after the Western and Atlantic Rail Railroad the original settlement was simply known as Terminus before being renamed Marthasville after the then Governor's daughter. It was incorporated as Atlanta on December 29, 1847. Atlanta is known as "The city in a forest" due to the number of trees growing in the city, as of 2017 nearly 48% of the city was covered in vegetation.
Cloud Release: Application Modernization for PartnersNovember 2, 2020
Rimo3 Cloud delivers a new, user-friendly approach across our automated testing platform with application suitability, modernization, and management features, and more. We are now supporting a smooth application modernization experience enabling Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix Partners to increase services revenue and remain ahead of the competition.
A Services Growth Opportunity Too Big to Miss
Virtual desktops have been around for years, promising a remote workspace solution of the future. Windows Virtual Desktop, the latest DaaS offering from Microsoft and its growing Azure Cloud takes VDI to a whole new level and eliminates the past technical limitations. It offers measurable benefits and outcomes for businesses, such as the ability to remote work, address replacement of aging hardware and costs, datacentre capacity constraint and regulatory requirements, and cost-effective, on-demand scaling for seasonal workers, and more.
Partners in the Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix ecosystem who provide a managed service for customers needing to work remotely and deliver the future workplace have a generation opportunity to enhance profitability, growth, and service differentiation with Windows Virtual Desktop.
Partner with Application Expertise to Focus on Driving Azure Consumed Revenue & Retiring Quota
All the factors contributing to building a virtual desktop are now all-in place – a robust cloud infrastructure, excellent connectivity, and a seamless user experience with Windows 10. However, with a few critical dependencies to understand, applications are often one of the most important, yet overlooked aspects of any migration.
For Windows Virtual Desktop, they are crucial. Application compatibility and performance, and the need to modernize existing application formats into MSIX, Microsoft's new delivery format for all MSFT products, are more critical than ever. How will you know what applications are Windows 10 multi-session friendly quickly and at scale? Or how many users can access the same application before performance is impacted? Rimo3 Cloud gives Partners access to an application suitability, modernization, and management service that simplifies the planning, costing, and transformation process and enables focus on driving Azure Consumed Revenue (ACR) or retiring quota.
Release Overview: Rimo3 Cloud for Partners
Rimo3 Cloud builds upon its existing application testing capability to bring to market an automated Application Modernization Platform. It's easy to use, scalable, and cloud-based for Partners to accelerate the adoption of application workloads in Azure by rapidly determining the suitability and modernizing them. Through this automated process, Rimo3 will help Partners drive Windows Virtual Desktop adoption at scale for customers. Rimo3 Cloud’s new will feature a new dashboard - driven approach, focusing on Suitability, Modernization, and Manage.
- Application Suitability for Windows Virtual Desktop: Remove the Manual Component of Modern Application Assessment for Windows Virtual Desktop & MSIX Transformation. Assess the candidates suitable for moving to Windows Virtual Desktop with the option to modernize to MSIX with Rimo3 Cloud. Save time by automatically scanning your portfolio to determine which applications are suitable candidates for MSIX conversion. Results are reported in the Suitability Dashboard and are exportable to Excel. Learn more about Rimo3 Cloud Application Suitability here.
- Application Modernization for Windows Virtual Desktop: Automatically Test, Convert, And Test Again in Minutes. Remove the complexity in modernizing applications for painless and quick onboarding to Windows Virtual Desktop. Use intelligent testing to understand the package pre-conversion, convert the application, test the MSIX package post-conversion – if it fails, apply automated remediations. Rimo3 achieves nearly double the success rate against other traditional tooling, including Microsoft’s conversion tool. Learn more about Rimo3 Cloud Application Modernization here.
- Application Management for Windows Virtual Desktop: Deliver Quality Packages to Facilitate MSIX Adoption at Scale. Deploy fully tested quality packages with complete confidence. Then post deployment, continually test your applications against monthly Cumulative Updates and newer Windows versions, as they are released, in your Windows Virtual Desktop. Results are reported in the Manage Dashboard and exportable to Excel. Learn more about Rimo3 Cloud Application Manage here.
Press Release for Rimo3 Cloud Release Key Takeaways
- Rimo3 Cloud was recently deployed by a market leader in enterprise application software who needed a solution to modernize their large and complex application estate, manage MSIX adoption at scale, and migrate and successfully begin their journey to Windows Virtual Desktop via InTune.
- Working alongside our customer, Rimo3 onboarded 114 packages and identified 61 packages as unsuitable for conversion, successfully converted 41 of the remaining 53 packages, and achieved an 82% conversation and remediation rate leveraging our automated process taking 18 minutes per application unattended – all over the course of a weekend.
- Read the full release here.
Upcoming Release: GA
Keep an eye on this space as we start innovating our dashboards to focus on Multi-session readiness, and data-driven dashboards around Informed Application Delivery.
2.0 Release: Performance, Cumulative Updates, and more.June 1, 2020
Rimo3’s 2.0 release delivers extended innovations across the entire Enterprise platform with performance features and more. We are now supporting an enhanced application testing experience enabling greater visibility, integration, and guidance prior to deploying an update.
Rimo3 builds upon its existing application testing capability by providing insight into the final tenant of the application experience – performance. By now understanding all three tenants of application testing – compatibility, performance, and functionality – we can apply our intelligence to start making decisions to ensure that the right application is being delivered to the correct user, platform, and compute for a great experience. Welcome to the era of informed application delivery!
The Driving Engine: Rimo3 Intelligent Smoke Test™
The driving engine behind understanding the complete application experience is our automated Intelligent Smoke Test. Designed around the principle that, to test applications at scale across multiple operating environments, it must be smart and completely unattended. And with fast results, you can achieve the optimal experience for your user without any impact. Rimo3 guides you on whether the application will install, work and if it will work well by determining the binary results (yes/no) on the tenants of compatibility and functionality, and providing insight around the application step performance during the execution of the application. Test thousands of applications across multiple physical, virtual, and cloud-based workspaces with no impact to the users – all in the context of the configurations of your desired environment.
- Application Performance Step Insight: Complete View of Impact Across All Workspaces Pre-Deployment For Informed Decisions Based On User Needs. Understand if an application will work in a more modern physical, virtual, and cloud-based environment with guidance on managing continuous change. Rimo3 leverages automation to capture metrics such as CPU, memory, disk, network, and GPU. You can drive the process, productivity and consistency to assess the impact on your application performance before deployment. Obtain a complete picture of whether the user can use the application the way they want to, and answer the fundamental question – should I deliver the application on the new platform?
- Cumulative Updates: Retrieve Results Within Hours, Fix Before Fail, and Deploy Updates Without Impacting Users. Say goodbye to the extremes: manual 45-day patch release cycles or your test-free, fingers crossed “spray and pray” tactic. Assess the impact of deploying any cumulative update – in context to your physical, virtual, and cloud-based workspace – to address security vulnerabilities, compliance, and governance standards with minimal effort. Native integration with Microsoft ensures access to the latest cumulative update and KB’s.
- Public API: Systems and Data Integration for Faster Application Decision Making and Extended Reporting Capabilities. Leverage Rimo3 application knowledge with your business intelligence platforms and guidelines to simplify how you integrate application test results with any third-party system or product. Bring data from inside the Rimo3 platform into your management and migration tools such as ServiceNow, Tableau, Splunk, Excel, Migration Studio – and more – to make informed decisions faster.
- Watch 2.0 Release Demo Video. Samit Halvadia, CTO Rimo3 explains the benefits of the 2.0 release >
Upcoming Release: Application Modernization Platform
Rimo3 is educating, evolving, and retooling existing services and processes to make the shift from “coping with change” to “embracing change”. The Application Modernization Platform launching in October 2020 designed to help with the migration and adoption of Windows Virtual Desktop. Rimo3 Cloud provides deployment ready MSIX packages for physical, virtual, or cloud-based workspaces. And, the technology to manage and keep up with continuous change.